- 1 Tuber of Yam
- Table Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Cut the yam into small sizes (based on your preference) and place it in a large bowl
- Wash the yam well with warm water a few times and set aside
- Add salt (to taste) and add cold water to the yam, making sure that all of it is fully submerged in the salty water
- Allow the yam to soak for a few minutes
- Place a deep frying pan on medium to high heat and pour around 2 ½ to 3 cups of vegetable oil into the frying pan
- Once the oil is hot, add a few pieces of yam to the hot oil and allow it to fry until nice and crispy, about 10 minutes
- Once it is properly fried, in a separate bowl, place a few paper towels inside the bowl and transfer the hot pieces of yam into the bowl
- Repeat the above steps until you have fried all of the pieces of yam
- Serve the fried yams with Baked Tilapia, Meko (Hot Red Pepper), and Shito (Spicy Black Sauce).
- Enjoy your meal!
Tip: If you want the crunchy, roadside fried yam taste, sprinkle a bit of cold water in the oil once it is hot.