Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa:
- 10 Medium Ripe Strawberries, Diced
- 2 Jalapeno, Seeded and Cubed
- ¼ Cup of Yellow Onion Cubed
- ½ Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup of Cilantro, Minced
- 1 Whole Cucumber, Seeded and Cubed
- 2 Salmon Fillet, About 13 oz/363g/0.800lb
- 2 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Ground Chili Powder
- ⅛ tsp of Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp of Table Salt
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients, toss around to combine, and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salmon ingredients, toss around to combine, and set aside.
- Add 2 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a Cast Iron Skillet on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, place the salmon, skin side up, and allow it cook for about 10 minutes then flip to cook the other side.
- Cook the sides of the filet for an additional five minutes.
- Add your favorite greens on a medium plate and transfer the salmon to the plate.
- Garnish with the Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa and enjoy!